Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Apparently I'm looking a bit "cheeky"

People are funny.  They tell you like it is.  Whether you like it or NOT!  haha.  I love my neighbor.  But she gives it to me straight.  Every. Single. Time. She. Sees. Me. 
I get it...I am pregnant.  And huge.  And cheeky.  And you wouldn't recognize me if you saw me on the street.  Because I am so big.  And round.  Even in the face.  Did I mention, cheeky?  Oh, and just to get the point across of exactly how big you think I am, let's repeat all that 2 more times with even more dramatics and then end this lovely little chat by giving Matt a wide eyed look that says: "Good luck with that ONE buddy." 

This was the gist of our conversation with said neighbor tonight.  After that encounter Matt and I came in the house and laughed our heads off.  I have been telling him for months now that she makes it a point to very animatedly and dramatically tell me how pregnant I am.  This was his first time witnessing it and it cracked him up!  
It is pretty hilarious.  

Here I am in all my 32 week CHEEKY glory:
Matt took this of me with his iPhone during my maternity photo shoot.
Who needs a camera when you have an iPhone and Instagram ;)

I had a doctor appointment yesterday and she said I was actually measuring a little on the small side.  She also said that that's to be expected since I have a smaller frame...which means I will might have a smaller babe.  Which is not that bad of a thing when you consider how they come into this world...ya know what I mean?!  :)  
Her heart beat was 136 and she was rolling around like crazy, as always...this little one never stops moving and I love it.  She is a healthy girl and growing right on track at about 3 1/2 pounds right now.  Only 8 more weeks and we will get to kiss her sweet little cheeks.  
And for that reason, being told I look "cheeky" isn't so bad.  

 Right Matt??  RIGHT!!!!????!!!!



On another note, Matt was in a pretty serious car accident on Monday.  His truck is totaled.  The airbags went off and everything.  Thankfully, he is OK.  Very sore and truckless, but ok.  
Funny thing about that truck is that about 3 hours before the accident, (which was at 7 am Monday morning  on I-15 on Matt's way to work) Matt woke up hearing some clanking noises outside.  He looked out the window and someone was breaking into his truck!  I woke from a dead sleep to Matt frantically running around the bed in his underwear looking for his phone and flipping on lights to scare the intruder away.  We called the cops and sounded the alarm on my car and the guy ran off.  He had the plastic sun shade that covers the top of the window ripped off and was a few seconds away from getting into the truck through the back window.  He wouldn't have gotten much...just some backpacking and hiking equipment that Matt had left in there from his trip to Zions last weekend.  Still, very scary!  Not the best day for Matt and his truck.


And to make this already depressing post even more depressing...look at my poor little pup:
She got spayed yesterday and has been out for the count today.  I feel so bad for her. 

Well there ya go.
I was told I'm cheeky aka FAT.
Matt got in a car accident.
Drama got spayed.
Nice.  



1 comments:

Amanda said...

WoW! Sounds like a crazy week. The neighbor cracks me up. I think you look dang cute & tiny. Not even cheeky! I am so glad to hear that Matt is okay & that even though the truck didn't make it through the accident it made it through the carjacking. ;) Sorry for Drama's little spade drama. She is so sweet. Loves!