I gained 6 whopping pounds in the 6th month of my pregnancy! It completely floored me when I stepped on the scale at the doctors office and saw the number...especially because I only gained 3 pounds in the first 5 months combined. Then, I looked in the mirror and realized how big she is getting and the number 6 wasn't so shocking anymore. I am so glad that she is growing so big and healthy, even if it gives me a little anxiety when I step on the scale these days! It is all SO worth it. My last monthly appointment is Monday and after that I will be hanging out at my OB's office every other week. I can't believe we are in the home stretch...so exciting!
We have got all her furniture assembled and in her room. It's not quite decorated yet. I am slowly but surely working on that. I'm trying to make a butterfly mobile similar to this one to hang above the crib. I will post about it if it turns out...no guarantees though. (Also got the idea to do that off of Pinterest).
Matt and I have been trying to decide for sure what baby gear we will need once she is here. We are thinking about this stroller and this car seat. We have no clue what pack and play to get. As far as swings and bouncers and other gear like that, are they necessary? Our house is so small that I don't want to clutter it with stuff we may only use once or twice. HELP?? What are your must haves and could do withouts as far as baby stuff goes?? And while I am asking you all for advice...where do you buy diapers? I have heard Costco or online from a lot of people...what works for you?
Matt is getting pretty excited about this little girls arrival. The other day he came home from work starving so I was quickly throwing together a bbq chicken pizza for dinner and I heard him in the other room saying, "cute.....cute.....cute.....cute...." Then he said,"Hon, can you hurry up and build that thing!?" And I said, "I just put it in the oven babe...it will be done soon!" thinking he was talking about the pizza I was making for dinner and he said, "Not that thing, the BABY!!" Oh Right, silly me...I will work on that for ya love....haha! He had been looking at some baby clothes I had just got in the mail earlier that day when he was saying "cute, cute, cute" and got excited thinking about our little girl. We both can't wait to meet her. I am so excited to see Matt as a dad....He is gonna hit it out of the park in that department.
I tried the sock bun tutorial I saw on Pinterest. I still need to work on getting it right but I liked how it made my thin bun look thicker. You should try it. I am loving all the great ideas I get from Pinterest!
Here is the bump at 30 weeks.
Matt would call me a bruise in this pic bc I am wearing purple, gray and black together. He is right...It is quite a bruisey color combo...but getting dressed when pregnant has proven to be a bit of a challenge, ya gotta work with what you've got. Leggings, boots and big sweaters are becoming my daily outfit...I would never have dared to wear leggings everyday prior to pregnancy but now, I am quite ok with it. Comfy casual wins every time. This was my outfit that I wore to go buy my breast pump today. After many recommendations, I went with this Medela Pump. It will come in handy once I am off maternity leave and have to go back to work.
Being pregnant has been great. Such a special thing to be able to experience. I really have had it pretty easy. I know I've probably got the easy part behind me. Comfort is already becoming an issue. If I sit upright for too long my ribs will ache for the rest of the day. Falling asleep at night takes me a lot longer than it used to. Partly because she goes crazy when I lay down and partly because my mind goes crazy thinking of our future with a baby. We have got all her furniture assembled and in her room. It's not quite decorated yet. I am slowly but surely working on that. I'm trying to make a butterfly mobile similar to this one to hang above the crib. I will post about it if it turns out...no guarantees though. (Also got the idea to do that off of Pinterest).
Matt and I have been trying to decide for sure what baby gear we will need once she is here. We are thinking about this stroller and this car seat. We have no clue what pack and play to get. As far as swings and bouncers and other gear like that, are they necessary? Our house is so small that I don't want to clutter it with stuff we may only use once or twice. HELP?? What are your must haves and could do withouts as far as baby stuff goes?? And while I am asking you all for advice...where do you buy diapers? I have heard Costco or online from a lot of people...what works for you?
Matt is getting pretty excited about this little girls arrival. The other day he came home from work starving so I was quickly throwing together a bbq chicken pizza for dinner and I heard him in the other room saying, "cute.....cute.....cute.....cute...." Then he said,"Hon, can you hurry up and build that thing!?" And I said, "I just put it in the oven babe...it will be done soon!" thinking he was talking about the pizza I was making for dinner and he said, "Not that thing, the BABY!!" Oh Right, silly me...I will work on that for ya love....haha! He had been looking at some baby clothes I had just got in the mail earlier that day when he was saying "cute, cute, cute" and got excited thinking about our little girl. We both can't wait to meet her. I am so excited to see Matt as a dad....He is gonna hit it out of the park in that department.







3 comments:
Oh my gosh, you guys are so cute. The baby gear that I used the most was my ring sling (I'm big into wearing my babies everywhere), a boppy (I took mine to the hospital and it helps a TON with nursing), a swing (both of my babies loved the swing and would sleep a lot in it), and a rocking chair. =) Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the BEST diaper rash cream!
I loved the pregnancy story! thanks for sharing! as for baby gear-- I loved my bouncy seat and bumbo seat, I never could master the wearing your baby thing so as long as you have a bouncy seat that you can take wherever you are when they are first here and a bumbo for when they are a couple months older than you can take them everywhere! My boys loved to be right in the kitchen with me when I was cooking and in the bathroom when I was getting ready! Definite necessities in our house! as for the swing both my boys didn't love it and I could have done without getting one. you will see what works for you and your baby! diapers we buy at sam's club or cosco! way cheaper! always buy those in bulk cause you will use them! excited for you guys! you will love being parents!
Goodness, you are cute! I would suggest borrowing as much as you can to see if your baby likes it first. I thought the swing was great-- sometimes the only way she would fall asleep-- but she has already grown out of it and doesn't like it anymore (so I'm glad we borrowed it!). I love the bouncy chair-- I put her in it and set it on the counter while I'm cooking or in the bathroom while I'm showering and she loves it. We swaddled Elna until she was too strong and got out of everything-- we loved the miracle blanket/wrap. We get our diapers online at amazonmom.com They are a great price and I love that they deliver them (for free) to my door. The boppy was great in the beginning (if you're nursing). If you buy one bring it to the hospital-- that's where I wish I had it more than anywhere. I also wish I had brought my swaddle wraps to the hospital. That's all I can think of. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else. You will be such a great mom!
Post a Comment