Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Beginnings of a Nursery

We have a 3 bedroom home...Our bedroom and 2 extra bedrooms in the basement.  One is the guest bedroom for when our family and friends come to visit and the other is where all our junk lands a storage room.  Since finding out we had a little one on the way I have been trying to get organized so that our extra room could be her nursery.  It has been a project.  I have bought at least 15 plastic storage bins and that is still not enough.  We each gave away 3 full garbage sacks of old clothes and we still are swimming in extra clothes.  I wish I had real before pics...it was not a pretty sight.  After everything was out of the room, it was time to get down and dirty and whip that room into shape.  We stripped a couple layers of paint and a few layers of wallpaper off the walls.  Then, with the expertise and amazing help of my mom and Noni, we plastered the seams and textured the walls.  It was a process.  After that, it was time to be primed and painted.  I chose a creamy gray paint for the walls, and I really love how it turned out.  I picked up the crib bedding last night (which I could not love more than I already do) and the carpets are getting cleaned on Thursday.  After that, it will be move in and decorate time!  We have all the furniture except for the crib.
Scraping layers and layers of paint and wallpaper off the walls

Plastering and sanding the seams (did this step about 4 times)
 Ready for texture (didn't take pics on my iPhone of us texturing and priming the walls, so just use your imagination for those steps).
First coat of paint
View looking in of finished paint product
Another view of finished paint product
 
Nursery Bedding Preview
They are handmade and just perfect!!
Us at James and Shanelle's wedding
(25 weeks)

Everything is coming along!!!  I can't wait to get all the furniture moved into the room and see how it all comes together! 

5 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! We would love to see you next time your in Ephraim, just let us know when your here!

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

Adorable!! I love it:) What a fun transformation (yuck on stripping wallpaper and patch work right!?! I hear ya)

Clarissa and John said...

You definitely have a decorating gift, Tatum! I can't wait to see it all finished. =)

Brooke McKay and Parker said...

I just read your comment on our blog and just had to leave you a comment. You are so sweet. But let's be honest you are the cutest pregnant girl ever!!

Can't wait to see your finished nursery!

Anonymous said...

the nursery looks so cute! i LOVE that gray. what color and brand is it? we're painting our basement gray, and i am having a hard time deciding on a color, but i love yours!