Monday, September 29, 2008

FALL

Fall is the best time to fly! Today on my flights I was mesmerized by the sweet views out the window. That's right, I was the flight attendant that just planted it by an empty window and stared out in Awwww for as long as I could!
I was loving life. The mountains were glowing with all the yellow, orange and red leaves reflecting sunlight off of them and the farmers fields looked like the most beautiful multicolored patchwork quilt in their different stages of harvest.


It doesn't get any better than this!

Matt and I have been a couple rides up the mountains to take advantage of the seasons beauty. The first one we were on our way home from Ephraim and we did the Nebo loop. I was totally enjoying it but Matt was freaking out the whole time cause our car's gas light came on at the bottom of the mountain but we kept going cause my car can run for a while on empty...but as we climbed the hill the miles till empty dropped. It started out at 40 miles till empty at the bottom and we thought we'd be fine cause there was no way it was a 40 miles loop till Payson so we didn't think twice and kept going. About 10 minutes after that we were about half way up the hill and it said 0 miles till empty! Matt panicked! I didn't even care though....there were enough people up there with 4 wheelers and trailers that were bound to have some extra gas to spare so we could make it down to the gas station. I have no shame and would have asked a perfect stranger for some help...but that didn't give Matt any comfort. I kept pointing out cool spots on the hills and he would be like, "oh, now that you point it out that is pretty sweet looking!" HELLOOOO!!! Earth to Matt, it is the prettiest time of year and you're not even looking out the window to notice!! He couldn't even enjoy it though cause he was just looking at the miles til empty indicator the whole ride. Anyway, we made it to the top and put the car in neutral on the down side and rode on fumes to a Payson gas station. Anyway, you will just have to take my word for how awesome it was cause we didn't dare stop and take pics with the whole empty situation.

We went on another ride with our friends Mike and Rainy up Provo Canyon by Rock Canyon and Squaw Peak. It was a sweet view too and I even have pics but I don't know where the camera is right now and even if I did, I am too lazy to wait for them to download! Sorry!

I also have Hawaii pics...but again, too lazy to post...for now. I think I am in a blogging slump!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Did you take that pic? It's awesome!

Camille said...

Hey Tatum! You have such a cute blog. So where are you these days?