It has taken almost a month of me convincing Matt and I finally won his heart over...We are getting a puppy!!!! A Toy Schnauzer to be exact. We are so excited to have a little addition to our family. We definitely are waiting to have children but I was feeling like I need something...so a puppy it is. She is all black and we are going to name her "Drama." She is three weeks old right now and only weighs 1 lb. Full grown she will be around 10 lbs. She is the runt of the litter and has the cutest features ever. We will get her when she is somewhere between 6-8 weeks old (so around the first week of May). Here are a few pics of her:

AWWWW! She melts me!

Isn't she cute?!
And for those of you who don't know what schnauzers look like here is one I found on the internet so you can see what she will grow into.

(Only Drama will be on a smaller scale since she is toy sized)
I love how they sort of look like old men with their mustaches and bushy brows!
We are mostly excited to get her but a little nervous too. I have never trained an animal before so in these next few weeks I will be reading dog books like crazy. Here comes responsibility! I hope I can handle it! We will be potty training which includes getting up in the middle of the night to let her out to pee, taking her for walks, taking her to the VET, getting her haircuts and grooming every 8 weeks and teaching her tricks and everything. I have already bought her a cute little yellow sweater for her to wear! I am so nervous to be in charge of her and make her turn out good...I can't even imagine how you expecting mothers feel when you are bringing a human into this life! It will be overwhelming at times but mostly a lot of fun!!! Wish us luck!

AWWWW! She melts me!

Isn't she cute?!
And for those of you who don't know what schnauzers look like here is one I found on the internet so you can see what she will grow into.

(Only Drama will be on a smaller scale since she is toy sized)
I love how they sort of look like old men with their mustaches and bushy brows!
We are mostly excited to get her but a little nervous too. I have never trained an animal before so in these next few weeks I will be reading dog books like crazy. Here comes responsibility! I hope I can handle it! We will be potty training which includes getting up in the middle of the night to let her out to pee, taking her for walks, taking her to the VET, getting her haircuts and grooming every 8 weeks and teaching her tricks and everything. I have already bought her a cute little yellow sweater for her to wear! I am so nervous to be in charge of her and make her turn out good...I can't even imagine how you expecting mothers feel when you are bringing a human into this life! It will be overwhelming at times but mostly a lot of fun!!! Wish us luck!







6 comments:
You are too much of a tease! I totally said to my husband... "Tatum that is the FA for SkyWest is pregnant!" And then... just a puppy. :) Either way I am very excited for you but I was tricked by your headline!
I agree with tara, I was reading your blog above this one, then the headline popped out at me, good one! A pregnant flight attendant... hmm :D Good luck with the dog, I have a little 7 lb full grown mutt and potty training was the HARDEST but worth it... Invest in Nature's Miracle 3in1 Odor Destoyer to help get the stink out. Resolve carpet stain remover for pet stains to get ths stains out. To keep her from chewing on stuff Harts Clean Earth Natural Chew Prevention Aid is the best, it doesn't stain, and works miracles. Good luck, I know you can do it! Let me know if you need any advice, cause my little one was a terror! :D
Yea! Oh Tay how cute. I love puppies. Good luck with all your training going on. I hope you are doing well! :)
I feel I must worn you, this was my plan as well. Jon and I decided we wanted to wait on the child thing so we picked out a dog when he was three weeks we got him when he was seven weeks, a week before he arrived at our house, I got a possitive pregnancy test. So then we had a dog and Skye :) Just watch out. HEHE. The dog is cute and you will do great.
Oh and I agree way to be a tease with your title :)
and ugh I should pro read before I send, I know how to spell that should be WARN not worn it's been a long day HAHA
congrats, Mommy!
Post a Comment