A smooch at Delicate Arch
The Eco Challenge
This was the part where my mom and I freaked out and I got blisters on my hands. In the picture it doesn't look that bad but it was steep with nothing to hold on to if you slip and a deathly cliff off the right side.
Matt and I on top of an Arch with the river behind us. This was the really windy part.
Corona Arch
This arch is in a few movies where they fly airplanes through it.
The bottom of the arch we were walking across
We took a few days and went to Moab with my mom, Noni, Kell and Rich. Noni is from Moab and we have been trying to make this trip with her for a while now. We were hoping to go in the spring when it wasn't so hot but with all of our crazy schedules the last weekend in June was the first we could all make it work. It was hot, but we still had fun. We saw Dead Horse Point, hiked Delicate Arch and had Noni's good friend take us on his own hike called the "Eco Challenge." Let me tell you, it was a challenge! I was by far the weakest link...It's just a tiny bit embarrassing when your 50 year old mom is more athletic than you!!
We hiked up cliffs that were so hot they gave me blisters from hanging on to them for my life. I about had a panic attack half way up it which made my moms motherly instincts kick in and we were both freaking out on the cliff...At the top I was exhausted and shaking and my mom was in tears. It was pretty intense! Everyone else thought we were being pretty dramatic and we probably were but I was so nervous on certain parts of that hike! We walked across the tops of arches where the wind was so strong it felt like we were going to blow off. There were quite a few hard parts...not to mention it was 5 hours long and hotter than hell! Basically, I am out of shape and a WIMP!! After it was all said and done, we had a lot of fun and I am just glad I made it back alive! Thanks for the fun weekend guys!







0 comments:
Post a Comment