Sunday, March 7, 2010

our sunday afternoon

We just got back from Solitude where we tried out cross country skiing for the first time.  
We both had a great time!
 
On one of our last runs I challenged Matt to a race and he accepted.
So we lined up...and I pointed out the finish line (the red sign)
"On your mark, get set, GO!!"

Matt pulled ahead from the beginning...
and I kind of gave up and slowed down as I watched Matt push full speed towards the red sign.  
Then, he lost his balance...
and did the biggest/hardest back flop on the snow I've ever seen.
 
It was hilarious!!  
I could barely even ski after I watched it because I was doubled over laughing so hard that I may or may not have peed my pants a little bit.
But I wasn't about to help him back up quite yet cause I wanted to get to the red sign first and officially win the race that I thought I had lost from the beginning.
    Sweet victory!!

After skiing, we tried out a mexican restaurant in Millcreek that we had heard great things about.


The chile verde burrito did not dissapoint.

After a delicious meal, we decided to go to the gym...for the only reason we go the the gym. 
The hot tub and sauna.  
It was the perfect way to soothe all our bodies aches and pains from falling all day.

Now, we are watching the Academy Awards and relaxing on our comfy couches.

It has been a great Sunday afternoon.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds awesome!

The Trythalls said...

I love the pics! Sounds like a fun time. What did you think about the Oscars I really enjoyed them I love Sandra! Yes we are on a first name basis. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Luke and Mariah said...

You two are so adventurous! I think you've inspired me to try cross country skiing. I think I could do it! If you guys go again let us know! I miss you!

Chad and Mandi said...

I hope you don't mind but I sometimes sneak a peek at your blog cause your posts make me smile :) Cute skiing pictures, you make me realize how much I need to get out of my box and try something new. Also love the "Too Fat to Fly" debate. I get a guilty pleasure in watching people argue on blogs and facebook!

grant + brittany said...

were you wanting a button for love bijo? because you can get a button on the sidebar there...

http://lovebijo.blogspot.com/

is that what you wanted?

The Masons said...

Fun! When did you hold an oscar?