Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Best Friends Forever


When I was in highschool and at Snow I kept a journal. I found it tonight as I was looking for my address book so I could send out our Christmas Cards. I stopped thinking about what I was doing and I sat down and read ALL of my old journal entries. I was laughing so hard at some of my entries...not realizing that I used to sound like the author to Seriously, So Blessed! My mind flooded with old memories. Most of my entries were about boys of course, what else are journals for? There was story of the highschool boyfriend, the break-up, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rebound and then a few college love interests, some short-lived relationships, a few crushes and then there was MATT ... the Love of my Life.
As
I was sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by a pile of envelopes and Christmas cards and he was sitting on the living room couch watching TV and snuggling with Drama, I began reading about the beginning stages of our relationship, remembering them like they were yesterday, and I couldn't help but feeling so lucky that he chose me!!! I came across one special entry that I have to share. We had been dating for about 5 months and we went for a drive (one of our favorite things to do late at night). We were talking and I pulled out my journal and showed him an entry that I had written down all the reasons I love him (It was only a week after we had said the LOVE word for the very 1st time...). After he read what I wrote, I had him write in my journal and this is what he wrote:


January 16, 2005
DEAR TATUM'S JOURNAL:
I think that your owner is the coolest girl the whole world! I get to spend a lot of time with her and I grow to love her more every time I see her. She is the prettiest girl ever with those big blue eyes and inviting smile. I've loved her for this whole year (not just 2005). I have never felt so comfortable and felt so much for a single person before. My absolute most favorite thing in the world is to hold her in my arms for hours and just be there and talk. Our bodies seem to fit like they were custom built to fit so good. I love to hold her hand with our "patented hand hold" wherever we go. I love to be known as Matt and Tatum. It feels better than I ever imagined. She has more of an impact on me than she will ever know.
She is my best friend.


YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND TOO, BABE!



We are coming up on our 2nd anniversary in a couple of weeks and life with Matt gets better and better everyday! I am so happy that we are together hand in hand (with the patented hand hold, of course!) in all that we do.

MATT, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

2 comments:

Zack and Victoria said...

Thank you so much!! Yes he will do anything that you want!! We just sent him the measurements and hi did it for us. It is a little pricy, but for custom it was TOTALLY worth it. Its also made out of REAL WOOD- not just the cheap board stuff with the vinyl on top. Hi did such an amazing job... I'll give you his number if you want let me know. We will for sure be here, so let us know. If you want to get dinner or something. We would love to see you!! What are you coming down for?

Kael and Katy said...

That is so cute! I love remembering old times with Kael too, it makes you feel like you're falling in love all over again to remember what it was like when you first did! That's awesome! And congrats on the 2 yr anniversary coming up, that's exciting!:)