Tuesday, October 7, 2008

LOVE

I love my hubby! So I have been gone on a 3 day trip for the first part of this week and it seemed like forever to me. I normally only fly 2 day trips or locals these days and they are so much easier for me cause I only have to spend one night in a hotel rather than two or three or even four. It kinda sucks crawling into a cold hotel bed with nobody to snuggle with before you fall asleep!
I guess it is good to mix my trips up once in a while though cause it seemed like I had been gone forever to Matt too and it turned out to be a good thing! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder and makes us appreciate each other a little more. When I came home, I found and a sexy man waiting outside for me to wrap me up in his arms as soon as I stepped out of my car. After our embrace he walked me up to the condo so I could get changed and I opened the door to find a SPOTLESS (we're talking dishes dones, dusted, vacuumed, beds made and even toilets scrubbed) house, diapered dog (yes, she's in heat), pretty fall rust-orange daisy flowers along with 2 ghiradeli chocolate bars on the counter...I was seriously tearing up! How sweet is that! Then he took me on a shopping spree to Nordstroms where I got new shoes, pea coat and scarf! Maybe 3 day trips aren't so bad after all!
Hmmm....Wonder what would happen if I went on a 4 or 5 day trip! jk. It's not even worth it.
I normally try not to get too mushy on the blog but I had to cause if you know Matt, you know that this is nothing like him since this only like the 3rd time I've gotten flowers in the past 5 years so it pretty much made my day!

I love you Matt! Thanks for making home so sweet to come home to! I missed you and Drama tons while I was gone and I'm so happy to be home with you again!

3 comments:

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

That is so sweet! How did we all luck out the way we did-we've got good catches. Tell Mat I'm very proud of the way he's treating my little Tay Tay!!

Ashlee said...

Tater I did the make the baby thing and my kid was the same kid as yours! Ironic, I think not... ;)

Chris & Jennie said...

Ah! Matt, that is darling. Tatum, what a lucky gal you were. A clean house, flowers, chocolate and a shopping spree. The farewell looked fun too! Can't help but laugh at the ole' STL Platinum memories! (like the one where we all had to go run a mile at like 11:00 at night!)