Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENNY!!!

Today is one of my BESTEST friends birthday so I decided to do a little spotlight on her to let her know how much she means to me!

I met Penny Lynn Robins (now Owens) back in 9th grade when her family moved from Payson to Salina. I was lucky that we were both in the 4th ward so we became friends fast.
We were in YW presidencies together, Student Council, CNA class (which I never would have passed if it weren't for her taking care of all the dirty work for me while I was dry heaving in the corner) and I was lucky enough to be her roommate for our 2 years at Snow College where we were on the VETs team together. I have lots of other good memories with Penny like: cruising main in the "screwbaru," going to Denny's before I left to be a nanny, rolling the contour down the freeway, going ice skating at the cabin, cooking Sunday dinners for the roommates, laying across the room from each other on our beds "chick chatting" about boys and life and everything else and many more.

Now we are both married and she lives in San Diego so I don't get to see her as much as I would like but I think about her all the time and how she has impacted my life.
You can't dream of a better person or a more true and genuine friend than Penny! She has always been there for me and whether I am laughing or crying...she is doing it with me!

Penny I love you so much and I hope you have a great birthday!!


(This was us on Pen's 21st Birthday)

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I second all the good stugg you have to say about her.. I love her so much also

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

Tatum,
This is the best birthday present a friend could ask for. Where did you come from? You are seriously so thoughtful ALL the time! Today hasn't even felt like a birthday at all until now. I had a frustrating day at work (2nd day mind you)because this scientist expects me to read his mind when it comes to travel arrangements! I then got off work late, stuck in traffice for 45 minutes just to show up late at the church to help set up for Mutual. Stayed at mutual from 6-9:15 (shouldn't complain, I love the YW and YM so much so it was fun). Aaron did try to make it fun by bringing in a left over cupcake from mutual and sticking a lit candle on it:) Basically what I'm trying to say is, you made my day! It was fun to have Aaron read about our fun memories. Thanks for the good times and for the wonderful friend you are!
Love ya,
Penny