Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Phoenix, Father's Day and Part Time!

We just spent the last four days in Phoenix visiting Matt's sister Shelly who has been in the hospital down there for almost 2 months now. She has had heart surgery, 2 brain surgery's and hip surgery...We are hoping that will be all the surgery's she will need to kill this infection that got in her body so she can start physical therapy and get back on her feet again. I think she is a little sick of hospital food!!! I can't blame her.
Steve and Joyce have been down there with her since the first surgery so Matt, Kels and Me flew down for a long Father's Day weekend with them. We all had a great time together. We gave Steve the new Rambo movie and when he opened it, he looked like a giddy little kid...I think he liked it! When Matt was about six years old one of the first Rambo movies came out and Steve was babysitting Matt that day while Joyce was gone. Anyway, I guess Steve couldn't wait to go see it till Joyce came home so he took little Matthew to the R rated movie with him!! Matt still remembers seeing Rambo shoot and arrow through a bad guys head and pinning him to the tree!! Even though this is a fond memory of a father-son date I hope Matt doesn't take our kids to R rated movies when I am gone on flights!
Which brings me to my next point...starting July1st, I am officially a part time flight attendant. I will still work about 10 days of the month flying and I am hoping to get a second job closer to home to save me from the commute to SLC and to save us from going broke from these crazy gas prices! As a part timer...I will only have to fly about 5 days a month when we have kids so I can keep my job and still be a full time mom and not let the daddy do anything crazy with them!! (JK Steve) Anyway, I am pretty excited to be part time if ya can't tell! I absolutely love my job and probably will never quit, but it will be nice to be home a little more often.
Anyway, there is a little glimpse of our life as of lately...sorry no pics!

6 comments:

Stacia said...

That's awesome about your job. It's so nice to have a break every once in a while. So I need your address because I've had something I needed to send to you a WHILE ago. Anyway, I'll be better at being a good cousin and I'll call you soon.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Hey Tatum! Ha you so cute! Thanks so much! Preston and I are doing good and having fun out here so far. I sure hope it pays off though cause it is hard work. So.... I shop sooo many different places :) I got that grey shirt from a little store in the Logan mall that's right next to Dillards (don't know the name?) But I LOVE that shirt too, I hope you can find one! When you asked me I shopped I honestly didn't even know, ha, so I decided to got through my closet and found I mostly shop at: Buckle, Charolette Rusee, American E., Urban Wear(cute store in university mall), Cozy(cute store in Provo), Nordstrom. Serioulsy though, my shirts are so random. Anyway, how are you and Matt doing these days? I hope all is going well and sorry this is seriously the LONGEST post ever!

mcbingham said...

It sounds like you two are still doing well and just enjoying life! Your new work schedule will be nice so you can still do what you love, and yet enjoy spending more time near home! It sounds like a blast to me! P.S. Tatum you seriously are so gorgeous in all of your pics!!

Hailey said...

that sounds like it will really work well for you with the job, it will be nice to not be gone so much. I hope Matt's sister is doing better in no time, that is a lot to have to go through.
How is little drama doing? And for your poll, I would go on either an African Safari or a Cruise (although depending on where you go out of this time of year may not be the best time since it is hurricane season and the worst months are July, August, and September you never know what will happen) My friend went to some giraffe ranch/habitat in Kenya and she loved it, The pictures looked amazing. Anyways, have fun choosing.

The Eborn Family said...

Well who knew!!! I had no idea that you lived in pleasant grove, we actually live in pg, well in cedar hills, so we're really close. We will have to do a cookout up the canyon or something like that... fun,fun!

Kael and Katy said...

That's awesome about your job! I hope everything works out great! my Mom said she got to see you the other night and she said it was so much fun, I wish I could've come! I would've loved to have seen all of you again!...maybe next time :)