Thursday, December 6, 2007

I stand corrected!


I guess I should've called my last post "Husband Heaven." After I was finished posting "Housewife Heaven," along with checking my usual websites (my email, facebook and skywestonline), I looked at the spot next to me on the couch where Matt was sitting watching TV when I sat down to do my computer stuff and he had somehow snuck out of the room without me even noticing! I got up curious to see where he was and what he was up to. I found him in the laundry room putting a load of our clothes in the washer! Ha ha! In the time that I had been on the computer (maybe 20 minutes), Matt had read the owners manual for both machines and was ready to try them out! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, because that is totally how he is with everything...especially if it is in any way electronic! He is obsessed with all the bells and whistles that technology creates for him to discover! And when he finds something that we are in need of it is a process he goes through before we can buy it...no impulse buys for this guy!
First, he will spend hours on the internet researching it and reading consumer reports, then he will go to every (and I mean every) store within 100 miles that sells the make and model of whatever it is he is currently obsessed with (he keeps up on all the new toys so his obsession changes weekly! As soon as he has researched one thing to death, he moves on to the next) at least two or three times and spends all afternoon (literaly) talking to and quizzing the sales reps at these stores about all the functions and capabilities of it. Then he will go home and with more knowledge under his belt, he'll then try the internet again for even more helpful information. After he weighs and measures it, he goes back to each store for round two to get the best deal...and whichever store he can somehow talk down the price of the item, he buys from! Then, Like I said he thoroughly reads the owners manual and starts playing with it! He is funny that way! It is so annoying for me because I am a total impulse shopper...if I want it, I buy it...no questions asked! Ha Ha! But, I like the way Matt goes about it, because I can always trust that he will make a well informed, smart decision that we won't regret!
This vast knowledge of technology and electronics that Matt has is a well known fact by most...I guess that is why all his friends and family call him for advice when they are making the big purchases themselves! Anyway, he did every load of laundry in our home yesterday and was up until 1:00 am finishing it! He has been surprising me lately with how sweet and helpful he can be around the house! I love it!
Well, It is early and dark outside and I have to be to work in an hour and a half so I will end this post! I will be in Austin, Chicago and Cinncinati this week...until next time!
Oh, and sorry the pic is sideways...I am not sure how to flip it on Mac computers...I guess I should ask Matt! ha!

1 comments:

Stacia said...

I love it! Matt is EXACTLY like Juan. It's so nice though, like you said, to know that whatever choice they end up making is the right choice. I think they feel like the more effort they put into researching the product (whatever it may be,) the more satisfaction they will get from it. I guess the same sort-of goes for me, but I am too lazy to put forth the work. ;)