I don't know if you've got the memo but I don't have a baby anymore...she is a little girl. Full of sass and spunk but so sweet and happy! I don't know how we got so lucky but we will definitely keep her.
She is walking running all over the place these days. She rarely wants to hold my hand for very long...she is to independent for that nonsense. She loves the daycare at the gym and gets excited to play with all the other kids for an hour every MWF morning.
She learned how to do a forward roll (with a little assistance). When I say "Hands up high-touch the sky.........Hands down-touch the ground" she follows my lead with actions and once she has her head and hands down on the ground I help her roll and she thinks its so cool and claps for herself. She especially loves it if I pull out my yoga mat for her to do it on.
She is in swim lessons. The first two lessons were at 6:30-7:00 at night so Matt could take her. Tragic would be the word I would use to describe them. It was to close to bedtime and Sloane was a
She is so observant. She will spot birds from far away and point them out to me. In new places she loves to look all around and take everything in. I never miss a single ball or balloon spotting in stores anymore thanks to her. She has come to expect Old Navy to give her a balloon when we go in there...she knows right where they keep them and she will point and say, "ball?"
She understands most of what I say (so I should probably be a little more careful and sensor things a bit more). The other day I asked her to go get me a clean diaper so I could change her bum and she went straight to the diaper bin and did just that.
When Matt gets home from work he puts music on (Skrillex or something of the EDM sort) and we will have mini dance parties and Sloane thinks her crazy parents dance moves are pretty awesome.
She is still taking 2 naps most days. The girl needs and loves her beauty rest. She goes to bed around 7:30-8:00 and sleeps til 7:30-8:00. She still loves her binky and soft blankie for naps and bed time. She always wakes up happy...even if it is premature.
She can say Grandpa (bamp-pa) and Grandma (ma'am-ma) and associate them with the right people or their pictures.
She loves her daddy (daah-eeee) and mommy (ma-ma) and Drama (dah-dah). I find her randomly smothering Drama with hugs and kisses throughout the day. Drama is good to put up with that much 'in your face' love from a little toddler.
She LOVES to read and will bring books to you all day long if you let her.
She loves to smack her tongue and lips and pretend to sip from cups and munch on fake food from her picnic basket.
She knows lots of animal noises. (dog, cat, owl, bird, duck, lamb, cow, pig, goat, horse, lion, bear, tiger, rooster, elephant, monkey) My favorite right now is the horse...it's a very high pitched and overly excited 'HEEEEEE' Her goat noise is hilarious, but spot on. She learned it from Lavern and Shirley (my moms goats).
She is a pretty good eater still (especially if there is some sort of dip involved). Not to picky at all but she can sure make a mess while eating. When she is done she just starts tossing the rest down to Drama to eat....drives me crazy.
When she smiles her eyes light up. People that just meet her say the same and she gets so many comments on her pretty blue eyes.
She knows her body parts and can point them out (head, pretty hair, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, ears, belly, bum, legs, feets, toes, hands)
She has a soft spot for all of her grandmas...she loves them so much...the feeling is mutual!
She loves other kids and is pretty good to share with them. We got to have our cousins Russell and Allison over for a few days and she thought that was the coolest ever.
She loves to watch Disney movies...she climbs up on my lap and hands me the remote and that is my queue to put something good on.
She also loves all the little toddler apps I have on my phone...apparently it's time I actually do an activity that I have pinned rather than relying on electronics to keep her entertained!
She is such a sweetheart but some days we have some crazy toddler moments and they leave me tossing my hands up in the air...I just started reading the Love and Logic parenting book so hopefully that will guide me in the right direction!
I feel lucky to be able to spend the majority of my time with her. She makes my world go round. It makes me wonder what I ever did without her...oh wait, maybe I showered everyday and went to the bathroom by myself. Even so, she is so worth it!







1 comments:
. . . . . . . . . .
Post a Comment