Sunday, May 15, 2011

the joys of being a homeowner...trees!

I've talked about our backyard before...and i am pretty sure I have mentioned our tree problem...ok, more like our jungle problem.  
Well, we finally got it (somewhat) tamed and most of our trash trees have been removed, hooray! We left a few for good measure...no, actually just for shade.  

 BEFORE:
 (This is not actually the original before pic.  The first one has a few more trees in it...we did the removal in stages but I just can't find those first pics right now.  You get the picture though...lots of trash trees and a huge mess of a backyard.)

DURING:
  Drama was real interested in what they were doing out there.  She loved the back yard how it was...and every time she was out there for longer than 10 minutes by herself she found the dirtiest parts of it....Once it is all green grass Drama and I will both be happier she won't have to take such frequent baths! The guy that cut our trees, made Matt and I a little nervous.  He was swinging from branch to branch with his chainsaw in hand and now safety harness or goggles!  Thankfully he pulled it off without an injury!!


 AFTER:

 Now, we have 2 massive piles. One of tree stumps (firewood) and one of branches and twigs that will soon be turned into wood chips by Matt and myself. Once we get that done we are hoping our grass will come in nicely this year.  This yard has definitely been a work in progress...not too mention the thousands of dollars that have been required for this project! 

This is the current state of the yard...as you can see, we still have a long way to go!

Now our backyard plans include but are not limited to:  laying a rock pathway, finishing our deck, planting lilac bushes along our neighbors chain link fence, spreading wood chips under the deck, planting more grass and a few more GOOD trees and having lots of fun and bbq's in our future...We have our work cut out for us!!  I swear the work is never ending when you are a homeowner!
Never again will I have an Chinese Elm tree (they drop branches like its going out of style) or a female Boxelder tree!  Look what she breeds!!  I am glad to get rid of all those pesky little guys along with the tree!

0 comments: