Monday, June 28, 2010

Our Grundle Maker


My sister in law Kelsey and I had our first yard sale over the weekend and it was a TON of work!!  Luckily it turned out to be well worth it.  Between the two of us we made over $1000 which completely shocked me!
We advertised our yard sale to be from 8am-2pm but that didn't stop people from coming at 6am!!!  Luckily I was up and at em at around 4am in anticipation of the big event...I couldn't sleep, I was like a kid on Christmas morning! Then 2pm came along and we were still busy so we decided to keep shop open till it slowed down....that turned out to be around 6pm.  It was an all day ordeal and by the end of the day we were all SPENT!!  It was exhausting!  You meet some pretty interesting people at yard sales to say the least...and they ALL like to barter on the price.  One guy was buying an iPhone case from me--I had it marked at 50 cents (orignally paid $30 for it) and the guy asked if I would accept 35 cents...sure whatever!  I would usually just accept whatever they offered cause I just wanted to liquidate and get rid of stuff but it was SO funny to me that people fussed over less than a dollar!

At the end of the day our loot was pretty picked over but we still had tons of stuff...There was no way that any of it was going back in my house though after all the work we went to go through it and sort it and de-junk so we decided to box stuff up and DI it.  As we were getting it boxed I found some jewelry that didn't sell so I grabbed it and took it over to the little girls in my neighborhood and they thought that was pretty awesome!  Then I told there mom that the rest of it was going to the thrift store unless she wanted any of it and she said she'd take ALL of it, so that made our job much easier and we just hauled it all across the street.  I am so glad to finally have my basement back!!! 




Thanks for all of you who came and for all of you that helped!  Hope you had as much fun as we did!

0 comments: