Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a daddy daughter date

I went on a horse ride with my dad up Grove Creek Canyon yesterday.  It was so beautiful and peaceful up there.  The ride was pretty intense...a lot of it was a thin rocky trail with a wall side and a cliff on the other side!!  These pictures are the wide part of the trail...I didn't even dare take out the camera when we were near the sketchy areas!  I got so nervous at one point that I totally bailed off my horse and landed in a pile of sharp rocks. haha!  I am so saddle sore and bruised from my bail off today but it was definitely worth it!
It was so good to hang out with my dad and just be able to talk to him one on one for the whole afternoon.  I can talk to my dad about anything and I love that he listens to me and gives me good advice and support.  I love my dad so much and think he's the greatest guy ever.  
And ladies, he's single!




1 comments:

Corbin and Katie said...

So no tears this trip huh? It looks pretty scary to me, I would love the horse ride, but the Cliffs "NO THANKS"!What a fun thing for you to do. My dad and I would probably end up not ever talking to each other again if we had to spend the whole day together by ourselves. For Real! LOL Glad you had a fun time! You do have a great dad. EVen if he did send me home on the very last half day of school for my shorts being an inch to short he hehe. Laugh it up chuckles...