OUR TOP SPOTS...
I totally copied my cousin, Nicole, on this post - I thought it was interesting since Matt and I talk about this subject like every single day. There is this website called:
www.findyourspot.com and you take a quiz and it shows you some cities that you have a lot in common with based on your quiz answers. Matt and I are always dreaming of where we want to live. Matt will have to go back to school sometime in the somewhat near future to get his MBA so we throw cities/colleges out there that we'd both like to experience for school as well as for the next step after that. We'd both like to get out of Utah and experience different cities in our country for a while. I just wanna go somewhere warmer...
Here are the results from my quiz:
Matt took it too but I lost his results. We had some of the same but he also had a lot of NYC burrows on his list...which is totally Matt!
|
 |
Portland, Oregon City of Roses
This Oregon city has the nation's largest forested municipal park, the aptly-named Forest Park…
Population: 2,000,000 | Average Home Price: $259,000 | Precipitation: 36" | Snow: 5"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Little Rock, Arkansas Where America Comes Together
All Maybelline products distributed in the U.S. are made in this fashion-conscious spot…
Population: 595,600 | Average Home Price: $177,000 | Precipitation: 48" | Snow: 5"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Charleston, South Carolina Cosmopolitan Southern City
Fort Sumter, the scene of the first shots of the Civil War, overlooks this city's harbor...
Population: 603,180 | Average Home Price: $285,000 | Precipitation: 52" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Honolulu, Hawaii America’s Tropical Paradise
This state capital has long been an important port city; its name is Hawaiian for "protected bay"…
Population: 905,300 | Average Home Price: $786,000 | Precipitation: 23" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Jacksonville, Florida Florida’s First Coast
Here in Florida’s “youngest city” the median age is just 32…
Population: 773,800 | Average Home Price: $291,000 | Precipitation: 54" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Baton Rouge, Louisiana The Cajun Capital
This town was named after the red stick its founder saw on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River…
Population: 603,000 | Average Home Price: $159,000 | Precipitation: 61" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
|
 |
Hartford, Connecticut The Insurance Capital
This Connecticut city is home to America's oldest State House, oldest public art museum, and oldest continuously published newspaper...
Population: 871,500 | Average Home Price: $221,000 | Precipitation: 41" | Snow: 42"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Baltimore, Maryland The Sparkling Harbor City
This Atlantic seaboard city is home to the National Aquarium…
Population: 651,000 | Average Home Price: $310,000 | Precipitation: 40" | Snow: 18"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Orlando, Florida Florida’s Entertainment Capital
In this entertainment mecca, you can wrestle alligators at Gatorland or have lunch with Mickey Mouse…
Population: 1,650,000 | Average Home Price: $272,000 | Precipitation: 50" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Seattle, Washington The Emerald City
The game "Pictionary" was developed by a waiter in this town in 1986…
Population: 3,300,000 | Average Home Price: $435,000 | Precipitation: 35" | Snow: 15"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Providence, Rhode Island New England’s Best Kept Kept Secret
This Rhode Island spot is the home of the award-winning flaming sculpture WaterFire, installed on the three rivers of downtown...
Population: 1,213,000 | Average Home Price: $242,000 | Precipitation: 48" | Snow: 32"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
New Haven, Connecticut Home of Yale University
The first hamburger was cooked at Louis' Lunch in this Connecticut spot in 1900...
Population: 542,000 | Average Home Price: $262,000 | Precipitation: 43" | Snow: 30"
|
|
|
|
 |
|
 |
Augusta, Georgia Georgia’s Garden City
The Masters golf tournament is held in this Georgia town each year…
Population: 500,000 | Average Home Price: $236,000 | Precipitation: 42" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Houston, Texas City of Excitement
Texas won its independence from Mexico at a battle fought here in 1836; the city became the capital of the Republic of Texas...
Population: 4,420,000 | Average Home Price: $180,000 | Precipitation: 48" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Alexandria, Louisiana The Crossroads of Louisiana
This spot's restored Kent Plantation House, the oldest structure in central Louisiana, offers open-hearth cooking demonstrations every week...
Population: 46,650 | Average Home Price: $135,000 | Precipitation: 54" | Snow: 1"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
West Palm Beach, Florida The Gold Coast
This famous Florida spot hosts "Sunfest," the state's largest music and art festival on the waterfront…
Population: 1,216,000 | Average Home Price: $326,000 | Precipitation: 60" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Chesapeake-Virginia Beach, Virginia The Southern Tidewater Region
This Virginia beach town's annual Neptune Festival features sports competitions, an arts and crafts show, and a Grand Ball…
Population: 624,000 | Average Home Price: $252,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 1"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Las Vegas, Nevada Entertainment Capital of the World
Ladies' Home Journal called this one of its Best Cities for Women, citing skyrocketing job growth and shriveling crime rates…
Population: 1,722,000 | Average Home Price: $250,000 | Precipitation: 5" | Snow: 1"
|
|
|
|
|
 |
Knoxville, Tennessee Gateway to the Smoky Mountains
In the shadow of the Great Smoky and Cumberland Mountains, this spot served as Tennessee's capital from 1796 to 1812…
Population: 704,400 | Average Home Price: $180,000 | Precipitation: 47" | Snow: 11"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Boston, Massachusetts America’s Walking City
Here in "America's Walking City," you can stroll down to famous Franklin Park for the annual Kite Festival...
Population: 3,400,000 | Average Home Price: $461,500 | Precipitation: 43" | Snow: 41"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Norfolk, Virginia Heart of the Hampton Roads
This spot was the only American city completely destroyed and rebuilt in the Revolutionary War; a British cannonball in St. Paul's Church wall is a reminder…
Population: 1,606,000 | Average Home Price: $182,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 7"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
San Bernardino, California The Inland Empire
You can satisfy your craving for heat at this city's annual California State Championship Chili Cook-off...
Population: 195,000 | Average Home Price: $396,000 | Precipitation: 12" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana Cities of Three Flags
This spot on Louisiana's Red River was named for a steam boat captain who cleared a logjam known as the "Great Raft" in the 1830s…
Population: 392,000 | Average Home Price: $140,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 0"
|
|
|
|
 |
 |
Austin, Texas City of the Violet Crown
This "Hill Country" capital boasts 12,000 acres of greenbelt and undeveloped land used for recreation…
Population: 656,600 | Average Home Price: $154,000 | Precipitation: 31" | Snow: 1"
|
|
|
|
What do you think? I am thinking we need to move to the South...look at how awesome housing prices are there! I told Matt that and he said, "Tatum, there's a reason housing prices are that low there, it's the DIRTY!" Ha ha! He served his mission in Georgia so he knows all about the Dirty South...It really is a totally different world there. When I fly into Atlanta I have to remember that. OH BOY! I would LOVE to live in Savannah, GA someday. I love that city even if it is in the Dirty South! |
4 comments:
Hey! Are you still at Skywest? It seems like the places on your city list are all very different from each other. It is always a fun adventure to move somewhere new.
I took this quiz a while ago and guess where it told me to live.....Idaho or Utah. Whohoo!! How lame of a person must I be.
tatum, love your blog!! should have told you that long ago. and- i vote for the south... i'm from mississippi and it's a crazy life down there. you would seriously love savannah.
Oh man, I never thought I could love living in the South but I love it and I really have a hard time picturing anywhere else. I love so many of the places on your list, Jon was born in Augusta, GA and Skye and I just spent a week there with his family (for the Masters lol) and I also think you would love Jacksonville, Charleston (a lot like Savannah from what I hear lol), Austin or Houston...The nice part about living in the South is you can drive to things relatively quickly, in 12 hours you can be four states over..I am going to have to try that site out, it looks fun :)
Post a Comment