Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Two Buck Tuesdays!!!



At Thanksgiving Point they are offering (for a limited time) a $2 per venue admission fee on Tuesdays! That is a pretty sweet deal because regular adult admission is about $10 per venue and $6 for kids. Tonight, Matt and I decided to take advantage of it since it was such a beautiful day and so close to our house. We chose to see the Gardens this Tuesday and they were beautiful! Neither of us had ever been and when we walked out to see them the same thought came to both of our minds...It looked so similar to the grounds of Chateau de Versailles in France (which was a famous residence for French Kings and also where Marie Antoinette's had her own garden and village). It was beautiful. We enjoyed walking around on the paths and bridges taking in all the bright colored flowers, well groomed green grass, statues, secret gardens, and western hemispheres largest man-made waterfalls. There were tons of kids there all decked out in their bathing suits like they were ready to go to a water park! And that is exactly how they treated it. They were all having a good splash in all the fountains, rivers, falls and pools throughout the gardens. After the regular gardens, we went to the Children's Discovery Gardens where there were even more kids playing in the water, hedge mazes and tunnels. It was a good time and a great deal, if you haven't been now is the time to take advantage of it!


















Sidenote: Yes, Matt has given himself a buzz cut...hmmm. Don't worry though, the fo-hawk will be back soon for fam pics in October.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tay! Oh, that's totally fine about the buddy passes I just thought I would check cause its been one hectic few days...ha. Imagine that! It was good to hear from you, and YES! Lets get together for sure! I will be home on the 21st at the latest and Dustin will be home on the 27th! Yahoo...I miss home so bad! Well miss ya and talk to ya soon!
Tash

Mrs.Mayne said...

We were there yesterday too. Bennett thought the water was pretty fun stuff. Next week-the petting Zoo.

Ashlee said...

Hey Tate! I almost threw the kids in the car and headed down there because I have been a lame aunt and haven't done ANYTHING fun with them this summer! Wouldnt that have been fun to see you! Its been way too long! Love ya!

Stacia said...

It was so great to see you guys while we were in UT. I didn't know you got to go to Versailles, too! It's so cool, huh?! Anyway, we should talk about our French excursions someday... over crepes with Nutella. How about it? ;^)