We spent the 4th in Salina this year. It was actually kind of a let down to be honest. We missed the races and grease pole cause we left PG too late...then we locked our keys in the car (twice)! Spent a lot of the afternoon waiting on AAA to come unlock the car. Matt even missed the parade while he continued to wait for AAA to come the second time. Jeslie was on a float this year in the parade for a pageant that she got 3rd attendant and miss congeniality in so that was a highlight...but I didn't get any candy at the parade so that was lame...but my little cousin Brock gave me some of his later! Then after the parade, I went back to Matt and the locked car which was at Ty Mick's house and we waited there forever and then finally decided to call someone else. We called Dwayne Brown and he came right over to rescue us. We were so ticked at AAA for not coming so we told him to charge us extra and give himself a holiday bonus cause we were going to turn it into AAA to get reimbursed for it! Then we got changed and headed to the "most white trash rodeo ever" as Matt called it. But we had a good time hanging out with Brad, Ty and Penny so the night actually ended ok.
Then on Saturday we went to my 5 year high school reunion at the Aurora park and this was the highlight of my whole weekend. I had such a good time catching up with everyone! It was shocking to see how many people had multiple kids!
We brought the camera but I didn't even get it out so I have no pics to share...sorry! I hope ya'll had a good weekend.
Then on Saturday we went to my 5 year high school reunion at the Aurora park and this was the highlight of my whole weekend. I had such a good time catching up with everyone! It was shocking to see how many people had multiple kids!
We brought the camera but I didn't even get it out so I have no pics to share...sorry! I hope ya'll had a good weekend.







2 comments:
Sounds like the reunion went well! I am kinda bummed I missed it-dang family reunions! I was hoping someone took pics, but I haven't seen any yet....anyway I hope everything is going good for you guys!
Thank heavens for Brock's candy. I really missed the good ol' Salina 4th of July this year. Glad you got to go to the "wt" rodeo for me.
Post a Comment