Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Pooch

We have almost had Drama as a part of our family for a month now and I am just getting around to posting pics of her. Sorry to all those who have been so anxiously waiting to see her for the first time!

I took her to the vet yesterday for some vaccinations and she did great. The Doctor just loved her kisses that she gave him and he thought she was the cutest thing ever. He asked me if we had any kids and I told him we didn't but he stopped me before I could even get it out and said, "yes you do...drama is now your baby!" Even though she is not a human child I guess their are similarities. We feed her, bathe her, groom her, brush her teeth, potty train her, play with her. I am just glad she is finally sleeping through the night. When we first got her she would wake us up every 1-2 hours to go outside and take care of business. Now that she is older, her bladder is a little stronger, and thank heavens for that. Waking up that often is just plain exhausting! Anyway, the Vet told me that she was a healthy pup. She does get the hiccups a lot but the Dr. said that was normal for a little puppy and that she will grow out of them. She weighs 4 pounds and is growing like a weed. It seems like just a couple of days ago she fit into one of Matt's palms but now she is bigger than two of his hands. She is very playful and loves attention. She cries and cries if we leave her at home alone while we are at work and about has a heart attack from excitement when we come home to her...It is so funny, she almost climbs up the baby gate like a ladder when she sees us come home She has been a challenge at times but she has been tons of fun. She hasn't been a yapper too much, so that is good, I am hoping we can keep the barking down to a minimum. She chews on everything since she is teething but her favorite toys to chew on are her rope and toy rat. I love it when she spots one of her toys across the room, cause she will sneak up on it and when she is about two feet away she will lunge at it and pounce! When she isn't being crazy and running sprints from one end of the house to the other, she is the sweetest little cuddler! She loves to sleep on her back with her feet straight up in the air, it is hilarious. She is very friendly and loves kids and other dogs. It is funny cause the few big dogs that she has been around basically ignore her and trot off while she runs at her top speed along side of them to keep up with their trot and try to convince them to play with her.

Anyway, here she is:


Just Chillin' on the floor

Cheking out my camera

Cuddling with Matt while they watch TV.

About to pounce her toy

Laying on her back looking like a Vampire!


(sorry I am not the best photographer, but there she is!)

0 comments: