Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Tell All

I have started something new!!! I have seen this on a few of your blogs already and I wanted in on the fun, so I joined the blog group called Tuesday Tell All. This is how it works: every Friday the makers of the blog think of a topic that all the members can write about on Tuesday. It is a good prompt for a blog post and it also helps to remind me to document important things in my life a little better for my future children and grandchildren to read about at least one day of every week. So here goes my first TTA post. The topic for this week is "what's in a name?" The funny thing about this prompt is that I already wrote about my name a few posts back. Here is a link to the original post for those of you who care ;)

http://mattandtay.blogspot.com/2008/01/whats-in-name.html

Here is a shorter version:
My name is: Tatum Camp Olsen

Tatum....came from one of my mom's high school student's (Krissy Johnson) suggesting it in a baby guessing contest. Each student would 1) guess if I was going to be a boy or girl, 2) guess the weight of the baby 3) guess the height of the baby and 4) just for fun put name suggestions down. Krissy liked the actress Tatum O'Neil

(From the movie "Paper Moon") so that is what she suggested and that is what my parents used. Before Krissy suggested Tatum, here are some of the other names they thought about....Soleil, Sierra, Lindsey and Skyler Judd (if I was a boy).

Camp...came from my father...and his father and his father and so on....

Olsen...came from my cute hubby Matt. I am still practicing my signature with my newest name addition...did anyone else have a hard time getting used to your married name?

My Nicknames: Tay, Tater, Tate, O'Neil, and you can read the rest on the original post...there are some good ones!

As far as names for my children...we'll cross that bridge when we come to it! When I was younger, I used to write down names I loved and wanted to name my kids...but they have since changed. And now that Matt is in the picture, it is even more complicated to agree on a name that both of us like...He comes up with the weirdest names! It's a good thing we don't have to worry about baby naming quite yet!

Anyway, that is me...Tatum C. Olsen


Kind of a weird name, kind of a weird girl!!!


If any of you wanna check out TTA here is the link...
http://tuesdaytellall.blogspot.com
It is an open group so join us if you want!!

1 comments:

Hailey said...

I am so glad you posted the link for this group I wondered where everyone got the idea for their blogs on Tuesdays :)
Love reading about your name :)