Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bad Day at Work...

I don't have many bad days at my job cause I love it so much but today just wasn't good. I was SO sick!!! Being sick is no fun, but when you add an airplane and passengers and all the smells both of those bring into my nostrils it makes it so much worse! It was a very good thing that I was working on a bigger plane with another flight attendant today cause I ended up in the lavatory and laying on the galley floor for most of the flight. I could feel there was no color left in my face. I was breaking hot and cold sweats and I couldn't even keep my eyes open or hold an expression on my face! It hit me instantly and I was down and out! Thankfully the girl I was working with was really sweet and just put pillows and blankets down on the floor for me to lay down in and a cold wash cloth on my forehead to keep my temperature stable! I am sure the first class passengers thought I was a phsyco! We were traveling fromo Houston to Chicago and it was over 2 hours in the air of this sick feeling! I was so glad when we finally landed cause we had an hour break when we got there. I was feeling like I was dying at this point! I was so weak and couldn't even carry my own bags around. The first officer was so sweet to take care of me and walk me to the crew lounge. On the way there, I finally got whatever was making me sick out of my system...right there in the middle of the terminal I found a garbage can and puked my guts out about 6 times. I instantly felt better...went to the crew lounge to rest and after the break flew up to Milwakee...I hate being sick at work!

1 comments:

Stacia said...

Ohhhhhhhh, not fun! (It makes for a good story, though.) I'm so glad you have a blog! When you add a new post, up by the font bar (where it has the font, color, size, etc.) there are some icons with a video film strip, and picture. If you push either one, the site will walk you through it. To add a video from YouTube, it is a little more complicated. You have to copy the HTML tag and paste it in the HTML format... but that's a whole other lesson.